Welcome to the USDA Food Composition Databases
This Web site allows you to search the following USDA Food Composition Databases from one location:
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference (Release 28, released September 2015, slightly revised May 2016)
- USDA Branded Food Products Database
You can search the database by food item, food group, or manufacturer’s name to find the nutrient information for your food items. You can also generate lists of foods sorted by nutrient content. In addition, data from the following Special Interest Databases will be shown along with the corresponding food items from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference:
- Flavonoids, Release 3.2 (November 2015)
- Isoflavones, Release 2.1 (November 2015)
- Proanthocyandidins, Release 2 (2015)
The USDA Ground Beef Calculator can also be accessed from the same search page.Start your search here
For more information and documentation on the current version of this database, select from “Documentation and Help” on the main navigation bar above.
The Databases used in this search program are maintained by the Nutrient Data Laboratory, Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center. The web site was jointly developed by the USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory, and the Food and Nutrition Information Center and Information Systems Division of the National Agricultural Library.